Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 31 Spring (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-31-spring-t322645.html)

Janice McC 02-12-2024 04:41 AM

Boom 31 Spring

Good morning! This is our new thread so please move all future discussion here. We didn’t talk about a name so let’s go with Spring. Just the thought of spring cheers me up.

Our group is as follows:

Cheesehead - 1
Hav4boys - 2
Janice McC - 2
Libster - 2
Logcabin82 - 1
Lstew2212 - 1
Macybaby - 2
Rebaquilts - 1
Sewbizgirl - 2
SusieQOH - 1
Terriamn - 2
Travelinggramma - 1
WMUTeach - 1

Our important dates are:

Saturday, Feb 24 - F8s are due
Monday, Feb 26 - I ship to you
Saturday, May 29 - blocks are due
Wednesday, May 29 - I ship to you

All rules posted in the sign-up thread still apply. Everyone is a repeat Boomer. You all know how this works so that’ll make it easy. Please remember to keep in touch at least weekly! That’s the most important aspect of the swap.

Welcome to Boom 31, Spring! Please start posting!

Janice McC 02-12-2024 04:53 AM

Packages received

I’ve received F8s from:

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1

More are on the way.

sewbizgirl 02-12-2024 09:45 AM

I found our new thread! Spring is a great name....

Macybaby 02-12-2024 09:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I dropped mine in the mail today.

Here are the fabric I've selected. I've asked for No White for the pink/purple pastel - but no asks for the red/blue white print.

I had selected a brown print (third photo) but after cutting and starting to iron, figured out it's a cotton/poly blend (mostly cotton) so I'll keep them for myself. This is fabric I bought from my sister several years ago (bought her stash of about 300 yards), and she had bought it when she worked in a quilt shop in the early 80's. So it's 40 years old. No markings on the selvages - I figured after all this time, it deserves to be in a quilt!

I've thought it would be neat to make a duplicate block of each one I make to share, so the brown will be used for that.

sewbizgirl 02-12-2024 11:02 AM

Pretty fabrics, MacyBaby! Love the ditsy red/blue flowers in the center.

In the 80's I bought quilting cottons from Walmart, when they had big, fully staffed fabric departments. I still run into some of those oldies in my stash occasionally. They bring back happy memories of making baby quilts and outfits for my kids.

Cheesehead 02-12-2024 11:33 AM

Love your fabrics Macybaby!

Just got the kitty quilt from Boom 30 finished. It needs to be loaded onto the long arm to be quilted, I'm debating if I should have DH digitize cats for the design or just plan to do an overall stipple, decisions!

Cheese

Janice McC 02-12-2024 01:14 PM

I’ve received more packages…

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1
Cheesehead 1
Travelinggramma 1

travelinggramma 02-12-2024 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I made the folder for this boom I named it Boom 2024 Spring! Now I don't have to change it! You should be getting my package tomorrow.
Here is my practice block.

hav4boys 02-12-2024 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my fabrics. They will be going out tomorrow.

Cheesehead 02-12-2024 05:59 PM

Oh wow Hav4, those are gorgeous fabrics, especially love the batiks!

Great first block TG!

Cheese